Friday, April 3, 2009

GLOOOOM!

DAY 1019

Asalam alaikum wa rahmatullah…
In the Name of Allâh, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful
Seems like such a long day today… nothing went wrong, the C Os are descent, the food is edible, things are flowing like they should be…yet, there’s this big dark cloud over the range, and everything’s just so gloomy. Its Tuesday, I’m supposed to work out today. Got up at almost 7 for fajr, barely made it, stayed up for a bit, dozed off again as I was waiting for yard to be offered, I could see that the skies are clear, and the paper said today would be good weather, so I was really hoping to get some yard time, run some laps, do some pull ups, etc… never happened. Was woken up around 8:30, a lot of noise and banging for some reason. Stayed up till breakfast, not a bad breakfast, waffles and corn flakes. One of the new guys on the range is at court today, so I grabbed his waffles and cereal (pays to be cell 1, got dibbs on everything!), another brother grabbed the juice and the other the milk.

Don’t know why, but I just really felt tired after breakfast, even after that bitter coffee, so I knocked out again… only to be woken up by the sound of maintenance banging some stuff on the range, I tried to ignore it, but it wasn’t gonna happen… so I stayed up, waited for my turn to shower, and realized I felt more sleepy after the shower than before. Usually on work-out days, I gotta start by 11 o clock, today, it was already 12 and there was absolutely no desire to even do one push-up.

Lunch came, good lunch, fries with grilled cheese, and once again, I grabbed the extra meal, well, part of it, I felt guilty for getting the best part at breakfast, so I shared it with Ali this time. Normally, one decent meal a day is a good day, today we got two, so I should be killing it on the work outs… but…absolutely no desire, no motivation. The newspaper was useless, boring stories, none about us thankfully! I guess I’ll just read all day… though reading about torture in Syrian jails is nothing to cheer you up, sometimes, it does provide motivation to keep going and keep fighting, even when there seems absolutely no point in doing so.

Supper time…

Its 4:15, time for supper… on the menu for tonight, ‘sheppard’s pie’. I’ve never had sheppard’s pie before coming to jail, and appearantly the real thing isn’t so bad, after my inquiries, unfortunately, this isn’t the real thing. Its basically a hard crust like a pie, about the size of a cup cake,, filled with some mushy stuff which I have absolutely no clue what it is, and in it is a lot of green peas. On the side there’s some corn, not on the cob of coarse, its that frozen stuff you get from the freezer section. That’s dinner… coming from a background of Qabuli palau and being married into biryani, this is just plain depressing! I’m obviously going to be skipping over this dinner, except the corn of coarse… can you say bon a petite J.


Later that night…

You know when you start missing random people from the past…I miss a lot of people, from outside, those special people that come into your life so fast, and then leave so fast…the special memories, if even for a day… I guess you find sorrow in their departing, yet joy in the memories that remain forever engrained in your mind.

May ALLAH ease their difficulties, put light in their tasks, make firm their hearts upon the truth, make them steadfast, give them strength in their weakness, light in their darkness, shade in the heat, coolness in their hearts, and delight in their eyes.
May ALLAH re-unite us soon, a good re-union, and another re-union in the eternal home, full of comfort and bliss. Ameen ya Rabb!

Day’s done, night’s in, light’s fixed, and everyone’s knocked out…

Log it in…the sun has set on another day in paradise…

Adios…

No comments:

Post a Comment